Ah, I bet you are sitting at your computer, hunched over like the rest of us with the terrible posture that would make my Nana poke you in the back...wondering why on earth you should read my ramblings. I've got only one answer for you...in view of the fact that I happen to be a bit of a wackadoo, my musings can be your evidence that you are completely normal, thus relieving you of the fear that you have gone loco. Leave that part to me. Oh, and I love to use the thesaurus, as I have an affinity for elocution and a deep seated, albeit odd obsession with grandiose language.
So dig in and be prepared...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A crossroads...

has presented itself to me. Either that or I've finally reached the blow point and now I'm standing at the crossroads, thinking I'd better pick a road or I'm gonna wreck...

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Have I chosen the road less traveled? You betcha. Is it easy? Not on your bloody life. Will I turn back and take the other? Can't tell ya right now. I only know this. I want the end of that poem to mean something to me. I want so badly to embrace this less traveled road. I want so badly to embrace this life, let it flow, learn to love the moments, good and bad. I want to stop resenting my choices and somehow accept that this is the life God planned for me. I love my children SO much more than I ever dreamed I could love another little human bean. And I'm watching it whizz by, like the paper on microfiche in a library reader, so fast...and I just want it to SLOW DOWN, just give me the time to iron it all out.
Please wait for Mommy, little macs. I just need a little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment